Friday, December 21, 2012

Star Wreath

Do you want to see something that looks nice in reality and really depressing in pictures?
012
Might just be my pictures. The daylight is non-existent at the moment.
Everyone in our building has an elaborate Christmas wreath on their door (I think most people here are retired) and I felt left out and wanted something, too. Frilliness isn’t really my style and I just wasn’t warming up to most wreaths I’d seen, until I came across this one.

So pretty! Mine isn’t that pretty.
It was really easy to do, though. I just took some wire and pushed paper mache balls through it (they didn’t have holes, so I really did have to push) and then twisted it into a star shape. Then, I twisted the ends into loops to hang it from. Now that I’m looking at that picture, I'm starting to think it might need something on the top to hide those loops. A pink knitted bow maybe. I feel frilliness approaching.
It was night and when I went to hang it, I discovered the door didn’t have a nail for it. I could have sworn it did. Someone stole our nail!Craziness aside, I then tried to nail it there as quietly as possible as not wake all the old people up.
There.
And it does look prettier in person.

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks pretty in the photo too - don't sell yourself short!

    Glad to see you're updating again too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks!! I'll just to ignore the polar night and just post stuff, even if the pictures are a bit dark and unfocused:)

      Delete
  2. Oikein hyvältä näyttää minun mielestäni, voisin kokeilla tehdä tuollaisen meidän ulko-oveen.Kiva idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo, se oli aika helppo projekti. Ja ihan kivalta näyttää tämmöinen yksinkertaisempikin koriste.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...