Sunday, May 14, 2017

Daisy Flower Crown

Happy Mother's Day! It's my first Mother's Day as a mother. Kind of weird to be on this side of the equation.
I'm really into flower crowns at the moment, but unfortunately they are a bit hard to pull off... Luckily I have a baby and babies can totally pull off anything!
I've really wanted to make crocheted flower crown for some time and when I came across this Daisy Chain pattern by Frankie Brown I was like "YES! That is genius!"  Because like a crown made from real flowers all the flowers are separate and to quote "The flowers have a hole in the stem so they can be threaded together just like the real thing."
I've never seen anything similar. Obviously I had to make one. I was a bit skeptical whether the chain would hold up, but once you've chained them together into a ring it's in fact really sturdy.
 
I wouldn't give this to a baby to play with, but it would make a great photo prop. And once the baby is a bit older it will make a great addition to dress-up clothes.


I already have plans to make more with different kinds of flowers and leaves! Seriously, I'm so exited.
I can't explain how much fun it is to have a baby and get to make this kind of stuff without shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...